--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Book Review: Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Anne of Green Gablesthe talkative, whimsical, accident-prone, imaginative heroine of L.M. Montgomery's series is so lovable and aggravating that everyone she meets in her new life as adopted daughter of Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert is at once charmed and shocked.



I have adored Anne since I was very young. Admittedly, I first fell in love with her from the classic TV miniseriesstarring Megan Follows (who I think is amazing in this role). From her multitude of "scrapes" to her overactive imagination, Anne is one of my favorite characters in all fiction-dom. Montgomery's writing is a perfect fit for this dream child, filled with gorgeous descriptive language. I listened to this one on audio (sequel reviewed here), but I found it was still just as lovely as when I read it many years ago.

Read-alikes:
Emily of New Moon books by none other than L.M. Montgomery
Little Womenby Louisa May Alcott
Big fans will also want to read Before Green Gables by Budge Wilson

RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: none

Overall rating: *****

2 comments :

  1. Oh man. You just made me want to pop in the movie. I love the movie and the book!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015