--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quotificent #4

I'm currently reading An Abundance of Katherinesby John Green and I have been loving all the fun writing. I am having a really hard time deciding what to put in here, but I think this is the best I've found so far:
"Anyway, you see a snake, you kill it. That's just how I was raised up. So I shot it. Split it right in two. And that evening Caroline Clayton come over to my house - she's passed on now, bless her heart - and she's screaming and crying that I killed Jake, and I told her that someone else musta killed Jake whoever the hell he was, 'cause all I did was shoot up a [darned] rat snake. But then turns out Jake was the snake, and that she loved it like the child she never had. She never married, of course. Uglier than sin, bless her heart."
"The snake probably didn't care that she was ugly," Colin pointed out. "They have very poor eyesight."
Anyway, the characters are just awesome. Watch for my review coming soon. (Sorry about the swear word editing, I didn't really want to type it, call me a prude.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015