--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 22, 2010

This and That and Everything Else

I've got a hodgepodge of stuff in this post.  First, for my library week challenge, I've had 17 comments so far (as of 4-23).  I'll include any I get on this post and probably go back and include my own, too!  I'll update this post with the total number of books I donate later.  So, I'll be donating at least five books (rounded up to about 20 comments, for a nice even number)!  Thanks all for your support! 


It's been two weeks since my last library loot, and I've still got my holds on hold.  But, somehow, I managed to grab four anyway.  I won't complain :)

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
My Most Excellent Year by Steven Kluger
The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester (rereading this for book group)
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford 

I won a copy of Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison from Corinne at The Book Nest (still haven't read any of these books, so I'm excited to give them a go).

For review:
The Time Pirate by Ted Bell
Spaceheadz (or SPHDZ) by Jon Scieszka

Photobucket

Finally, I've been meaning to join the Read, Remember, Recommend Fiction Reading Challenge, since I got a free copy of Read, Remember, Recommend from the author! I'm planning to read at least 10 books from the lists before next April 1st. I'd like to get my hands on the Read, Remember, Recommend for Teens so I can do that challenge as well. Anywho, I haven't chosen any books that will fit the lists yet, but keep your eyes peeled for these upcoming reviews! Here's the list so far:
1. Little Bee by Chris Cleave
2. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
3. Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn
4. March by Geraldine Brooks
5. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant 
6. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley 

And that's all for my random everything post!

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

5 comments :

  1. I love Louise Rennison. She's one of the few authors that makes me laugh out loud. I have to admit, though, that as the series goes on the humor wears a bit thin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Brightly Woven is great! I'll come back to see what you think, I'm still forever low on the waiting list for it at the library. *sigh* Great choices!

    Here is my Library Loot post if you'd like to come on by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to see Angus, Thongs..etc all the time when I first came to Korea but don't see it anymore. Too bad; now I'm ready to give it a go.

    I'm really fond of the header on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, I've heard lots of people love the humor.

    Rose, I'm pretty excited it came in so quickly for me :)

    Bybee, as you can see, I waited quite a while to get to it as well. Hopefully you'll be able to find it soon! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of your loot, but I hope you enjoy it! :) lol @ the angus, thongs title.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015