--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Printz

I haven't signed up for a challenge before, but when I saw this new one, the Printz Project, I couldn't resist. The Printz Award is for outstanding young adult literature, the Newbery of YA. Since I have been highly interested in reading the winners, I thought I may as well do it for a challenge.

Here we go!
2012
Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

2011
Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi

2010
Charles and Emma: The Darwins' Leap of Faith by Deborah Heiligman

2009
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Volume 2: The Kingdom on the Waves by M.T. Anderson
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Nation by Terry Pratchett

2008

2007
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Volume 1: The Pox Party
by M.T. Anderson
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

2006

2005
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
Airborn by Kenneth Oppel

2004
The First Part Last by Angela Johnson

2003
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

2002

2001
Stuck In Neutral by Terry Trueman

Read Pre-Blogging:
The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean (2008)
American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang (2007)
I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak (2006)
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly (2004)
Monster by Walter Dean Myers (2000)
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (2000)

DNFs:
Going Bovine by Libba Bray (2010)
Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan (2009)


4 comments :

  1. Hey Melissa - I just found your blog via KT's. I'm enjoying your reviews. I especially like that you rate the amount of swearing, sex, etc, since I don't love reading all that garbage either. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome abroad the Printz Project! You've read quite a few of them already! I enjoyed reading through your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're joining us for the Printz Project. This is going to be FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015