Classic Double Challenge hosted by yours truly. :) For information on signing up for this challenge, go to the Classic Double Challenge 2013 sign up page. Also, for suggestions on book pairs to read, I have a giant list of retellings with their classic book listed.
I'm going to be ambitious and hope for the Super Size level again this year (even though I didn't manage to quite reach it last year). And be sure to come back during January 13-19 for my Retell Me a Story event, filled with giveaways, guest posts, and lots of retelling info!
1. Little Red Riding Hood
2. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
3. The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
4. The Turning by Francine Prose
5. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
6. Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
7. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
8. A Touch of Scarlet by Eve Marie Mont
(Or maybe something Shakespeare, I'm keeping my options open :)
Jessica at Books: A True Story's Dusty Bookshelf Challenge. Though I totally failed last time (no, really, I read zero books for it), I really want to get to those older books that have been waiting so patiently for me. So, I'm sticking with my original list of books and hoping to get one or two of them read at least (ie: Pixie Dust level).
1. Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede (3+ years)
2. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (3+ years)
3. Rampant by Diana Peterfreund (3+ years)
4. The Brontes: A Life in Letters by Juliet Barker (um, maybe a decade?)
5. Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork (3+ years)
YA Audiobook Challenge, hosted by Jen of A Book and a Latte. I already listen to plenty of audiobooks, but now I have a reason to choose more YA audios. I'm starting low with the Easy Listening level, only 12 audiobooks. Let's hope I get to more than that! And I really have no ideas what I want to start with, so I'll just leave my 12 slots wide open for now:
1. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
2. The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
3. Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch
4. Beautiful Days by Anna Godberson
5. A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson
6. Hattie Ever After by Kirby Larson
7. Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
8. Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
9. Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson
What challenges are you doing this year?
If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage