--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 18, 2009

Book Review: Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery

Short Synopsis
Anne of Avonlea
the continuing adventures of Anne Shirley, chronicles her debut as the school teacher of Avonlea public school, her uncanny ability to get into scrapes, and her discovery of so many more kindred spirits than expected.



(Don't you love that cover?) I listened to this second Anne book while doing my gardening. I simply love the writing in these books! Anne is one of my favorite characters of all the literature I have ever read. I have been in love with the miniseries made from these books for a long time, so I compare the two. I think the movie was right to cut so many of the supporting characters, since there are so many in the book. It makes the story much easier to follow and the supporting characters that they do have are stronger. All around, a classic story that comes to life almost entirely on the strength of Anne's personality.

Read-alikes:
The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
Emily of New Moon series by L.M. Montgomery
Before Green Gables by Budge Wilson
also reminded me of Little Women
and of course the rest of the Anne series

RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: none

Overall rating: ****

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015