--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 4, 2009

Book Review: Mister Monday by Garth Nix

Description of Mister Mondayfrom the book jacket:

"Arthur Penhaligon is not supposed to be a hero. He is, in fact, supposed to die an early death. But then his life is saved by a key shaped like the minute hand of a clock. Arthur is safe - but his world is nt. Along with the key comes a plague brought by bizarre creatures from another realm. A stranger named Mister Monday, his avenging messengers with bloodstained wings, and an army of dog-faced Fetchers will stop at nothing to get the key back - even if it means destroying Arthur and everything around him."



I was not as impressed with this beginning of the Keys of the Kingdom series as I was with Nix's other books. I simply couldn't get into the story. It was a bit too strange and seemed to jump around without enough explanation for the fantasy elements. The end was more exciting and kept me reading. I guess it was not exactly my kind of book. I might pick up the next in the series sometime, but I'm not dying for it.

RATINGS:
s-factor: !

Maybe a few, not many.

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: ->->

Some scary parts and a little gruesome.

Overall rating: **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015