--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Book Review: The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry

A very brief summary of The Amaranth Enchantment

A valuable jewel could send Lucinda from rags back to riches, or it might just make her life much more complicated. Add in a handsome prince, a cocky thief, otherworldly beings, and a horrible aunt and things will definitely never be the same for Lucinda.



This short but sweet story, reminiscent of Cinderella, will appeal to younger girls who can't get enough fairy tales. While it was unique and interesting, I found myself wishing I knew more about Beryl and also Lucinda's family - her parents and her uncle and aunt. Her writing and descriptions are simply beautiful. I think with more explanation and development, this could have been a much stronger book.

Read-alikes:

The Two Princesses of Bamarre and Ella Enchantedby Gail Carson Levine

Dragon Slippers
and Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: none

Overall rating: ***

3 comments :

  1. I'm such a sucker for fairy tales. I've read (and loved) 3 of your four read-a-likes. And the 4th is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad! I was hoping this would be a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping Berry will write another one soon - I think she has great potential!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015