--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, June 14, 2010

Listless Monday, On the Road Edition

Listless Monday was inspired by both Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity's feature Books by Theme and Court at Once Upon a Bookshelf's Listed feature.  Be sure to check out their lists!



Since school's out, lots of us head out for road trips, visiting people and places. I thought I'd gather some books about road trips for those who might want to read about it while experiencing it. I didn't find nearly as many as I expected, but I'm sure you will have suggestions!

On the Road
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (suggested by Kelly J.)
Crash into Me by Albert Borris
Far from You by Lisa Schroeder
Going Bovine by Libba Bray
How to Be Bad by Lauren Myracle, E. Lockhart, and Sarah Mlynowski
Jerk, California by Jonathan Friesen
The Mark by MR Bunderson (suggest by Britt)
The Miles Between by Mary Pearson
Paper Towns by John Green
Road Trip by Melody Carlson
Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer
The Society of S by Susan Hubbard (suggested by Court)
The Watson's Go to Birmingham - 1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis
West with Hopeless by Carolyn Lieberg
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig (suggested by readerbuzz)

Any additions?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

10 comments :

  1. ACK! Another list that I've not read even one of! Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, great list! There's a roadtrip in The Society of S by Susan Hubbard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britt, I really enjoyed The Miles Between - you should give it a try :)

    Kelly, ooh, thanks I haven't read this one!

    Court, thanks! I haven't even heard of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance...one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I've read Society of S and I think I've read the Zen one.

    The Mark has some road trippy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. readerbuzz, the title of that one always intrigued me, but I've never read it...

    Britt, at least now you've got some you've read on this list! I added The Mark, though I assumed it was the one by Jason Pinter. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. That one too, I think.

    I was talking about MR Bunderson's The Mark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. That one too, I think.

    I was talking about MR Bunderson's The Mark. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015