--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, June 4, 2010

48 Hour Reading Challenge

Photobucket
This is the first time I've done the 48 Hour Book Challenge (I've done the 24-hour read-a-thon a few times).  And of course it's not the best weekend for me to spend reading non-stop, so I have low goals ~16 hours is what I'm shooting for.  I'm starting it off by bringing my book to a doctor's appointment - that should give me plenty of time to read, right?  

I have lots of books I need to read soon, so that kind of decided my choices.  Right now, I'm starting with The Lost Conspiracy by Frances Hardinge - it is huge.  I've also got The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller for an ARC tour.  My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares, Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier (also enormous), and Secret Speakers by K.S.R. Kingworth are all in the queue as well.  

Update 1:
Thus far I haven't done too well, but considering the many distractions, not too poorly.
Time read: 5 hrs 50 min
Time blogged/read blogs: 1 hr

Update 2:
I've done a bit better, finishing my first book, We the Children by Andrew Clements (I figured I needed a short book for a break)
Time read: 2 hrs 30 min
Total time read: 8 hrs 20 min
Time blogged/read blogs: 20 min
Total time blogged/read blogs: 1 hr 20 min

Update 3:
I'm not very good at staying up late and reading.  However, I am up past my regular bed time, so that's pretty good for me.  I'm still in the middle of The Lost Conspiracy and My Name is Memory.  Hopefully I'll finish them tomorrow.
Time read: 2 hrs 10 min
Total time read: 10 hrs 30 min
Time blogged/read blogs: 5 min
Total time blogged/read blogs: 1 hr 25 min

So, enough talk, let's read!

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

8 comments :

  1. Good pile. And I understand about it not being a great weekend. Hopefully, you'll get a bit more than 16 hours in... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your pile! I will be cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to cheat through this challenge and read without signing up officially. Mainly, I'm feeling lazy about actually keeping track of things and logging it somewhere. I just want to read. I've been doing some heavy reading all week, so the weekend will just be a continuation. That is, unless something comes up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! This is the first challenge of this kind I've seriously done and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'll be rooting for you even if I'm not participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some weekends just aren't as reading friendly as we'd like, but it is fun to be reading with friends online. Enjoy! (And keep some shorter books in the mix, it helps!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa,
    I love your rating system.

    Hope you get more reading time today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, I'm thinking I'll get closer to 20! Yeah!

    Kate, thank you!

    Suey, that sounds pretty good. I think next time I probably will do that as well.

    Lydia, they are so much fun!

    Amused, thanks - maybe next time?

    MotherReader, I think I do need another short book right about now :)

    donna, thank you! Good luck in your reading as well.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015