--------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Word Girl


This week, There's a Book's A Bit of Me(Me) topic is our favorite word.  I knew I couldn't pick just one.  So, I went with these categories:

Made-up word: crapaflapnasti (from Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia)
Doesn't sound made-up, but it probably is: illicitabeticals (from Ella Minnow Pea
Childhood favorite: farm equipment (our family's substitute swear word - yes, it makes no sense)
For giggles: snogging
Sounds cool: vituperation
To make me sound smarter: abscond
I use too often: awesome, lovely, beautiful, gorgeous (especially in reviews)

What are your favorites?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

7 comments :

  1. Fabulous choices! I love the word snogging! Makes me want to move to the UK just to use fun words like that. And your others are so perfect! I love that you made up categories, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, I know! Wish I'd come up with that one...

    1stdaughter, I just can't help the categorizing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I'll be adding "crapaflapnasti" to my every day vocabulary =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NotNessie, I think it makes one sound very distinguished :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy abscond as well!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so much fun to say, Courtney.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015