--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Book Review: Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White

Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication date: September 2014
Pages: 288
Source: e-book from Edelweiss
For: Review

Summary from goodreads:
Jessamin has been an outcast since she moved from her island home of Melei to the dreary country of Albion. Everything changes when she meets Finn, a gorgeous, enigmatic young lord who introduces her to the secret world of Albion’s nobility, a world that has everything Jessamin doesn’t—power, money, status…and magic. But Finn has secrets of his own, dangerous secrets that the vicious Lord Downpike will do anything to possess. Unless Jessamin, armed only with her wits and her determination, can stop him.
Things I Liked:
This book was really entertaining.  I LOVED our heroine, Jessamin.  I loved how she was different in her world, from somewhere outside, but White kept her from being stereotypically an outsider.  She reminded me of Nimira from Magic Under Glass, except Jessamin was smarter, stronger, and so different from what you expect.  I really liked the magic in the story and I loved that it's a stand alone.  The love story was good too, if a bit hard to believe. Mostly, I found the magic system and story to be quite fascinating and the characters exhibited my favorite Kiersten White banter.  Enjoyed it all around!

Things I Didn't Like:
Hm, not sure I can remember.  I just quite liked it.

Read-alikes:
Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: !
some

mrg-factor: none
just some kissing

v-factor: ->
a little bit

Overall rating: ****

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

6 comments :

  1. I really liked this one, too. My daughter took it with her to read at school and she kept texting me things like, "Oh my gosh, Mom, the FEELS!" and, "This is killing me. I have to know how it's going to end," etc. I think she liked it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome! I love that your daughter was so excited about it. Yeah!

      Delete
  2. I bought this book a little while ago. I still haven't had a chance to read it yet, though. I'm glad you liked it! I can't wait to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I was quite disappointed with Chaos of Stars from Kiersten White and I’m glad to see that this one was good. I’m excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't to thrilled by Chaos either. This one is much better :)

      Delete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015