--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Actually NEED It 11

I Actually NEED It is an extremely irregular feature where I express my desire, or rather need, for certain books that haven't come out or aren't available at my library yet.  To learn about the reason behind the name, check out my inaugural I Actually NEED It post.

I haven't done one of these since June!  And it is way overdue.  I've included a couple of books already out (or about to come out) that I haven't gotten my hands on yet.


How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr
I really loved Zarr's last book, Once Was Lost and I have been anxiously listening to the many (many!) adoring comments people have made about this one.  It just came out yesterday, so I'm hoping my library will send it my way soon!  October 2011.



Midnight in Austenland: A Novel by Shannon Hale
Um, anything ever written by Shannon Hale is an automatic read for me.  I liked Austenland: A Novel (AND there's a movie coming), mostly because of my own unfulfilled fantasies about being in Pride and Prejudice.  Sequel?  Bring it.  In January 2012.


Everneath by Brodi Ashton

I've been enjoying Brodi's blog for quite some time now (SO hilarious) and I can't wait to read this one.  Confession: I have it on my shelf.  I'm almost afraid to start it, since I'll have to wait MORE than a year to get the sequel.  Or maybe I'm saving it for an extra special occasion.  Coming January 2012.


Cinder by Marissa Meyer
There is a shortage of perfect sci-fi in YA (or maybe I'm just not aware of it - you can enlighten me in the comments, if you desire).  This?  Looks awesome.  Arriving January 2012.



A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Speaking of YA sci-fi (sort of), I really enjoyed Across the Universe.  I know many didn't love it, but this astronomy major still adores an exciting space story.  January 2012 can't come soon enough!



Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
I was pleasantly surprised at the depth and non-conformist romance in this paranormal series about angels.  Having enjoyed Unearthly, I'm looking forward to this next installment, coming January 2012.


Faery Tales & Nightmares by Melissa Marr

Melissa Marr's books have been love-hate for me, but just looking at this cover has me shivering.  Her books are always very well written and the plots intriguing.  Looking forward to February 2012.


Fever by Lauren DeStefano
Another sequel here and one I'm eagerly anticipating.  Having been highly engrossed in Wither, I can't wait to read where Rhine is headed next.  Hurry up February 2012!



Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
With that wild ending in Delirium, I've really no idea where this series is headed next.  But count me in for eagerly anticipating March 2012.


Anything you actually NEED coming out?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

11 comments :

  1. I am pretty sure I haven't read Zarr yet but I definitely want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reviewsbylola, I've read two and liked one and not the other, but she is definitely worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes! I'm dying for EVERNEATH, PANDEMONIUM and HOW TO SAVE A LIFE as well. I actually have an ARC of CINDER - I'll happily send it to you when I'm done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for CROSSED by Ally Condie and ENSHADOWED by Kelly Creagh. Both YA romances that feature the work of classic authors (Dillon Thomas and Edgar Allan Poe respectively). What former English major can resist that?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, bless you! I think I might have Cinder through NetGalley, though. Let's hope I get to it before too long. If I don't have it, I'm going to email you and beg.

    Sarah, oh how I want Crossed too! I even stooped to begging the publicist, but to no avail. I love the poetry aspect of it, though I'm not much of a poetry fan. I've not read Enshadowed, though. Now I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa,
    Enshadowed is the sequel to Nevermore. Nevermore was one of my top five this year. I am a little bit in love with Varen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an ARC of CROSSED, too. Hate me yet? You can have it when I finish, as I'll probably buy myself a "real" copy at some point. Maybe you can pass it on to Sarah when you're done ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got a "real" copy of Crossed on preorder from Amazon, but thanks for the offer!! Now, if someone could get her hands on an ARC of Enshadowed and send it my way I would owe that person blogger-BFF status!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, ah with Nevermore I can see the Poe inspiration. I'll have to put it on The List!

    Susan, um yes I might. I've pre-ordered Crossed as well, so it's probably close enough to just wait. Though, if you keep offering to lend me ARCs, I might just have to start accepting them :) You are awfully kind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited about the new Shannon Hale book! The only thing I haven't read by her is The Actor and the Housewife, but I've loved everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelley, I've read Actor and I really enjoyed it, despite not thinking I would. It's definitely different than her other stuff, though. Did you know she's also doing a sequel to Princess Academy? YEAH!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015