--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Actually NEED It 5

To find out about that title, go to the inaugural I Actually NEED It post.  Here are some books, all of these unreleased, that I actually NEED.  

You
You by Charles Benoit 

I don't know much about this one, but Suzie of Confessions of a Wandering Heart and Cindy and Lynn of Bookends positively raved about it.  I love it when literary agents and librarians rave.  It makes me want it.  Plus, the description (goodreads) has me just a little bit nervous - can't say that of many books.  Coming September 2010.

Photobucket
The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima 
Since I happened to love and adore that first book in the Seven Realms series (The Demon King) and I am dying to know what happens next, this was a no-brainer for me.  So excited!  Coming September 2010.

StarCrossed
StarCrossed by Elizabeth C. Bunce
I positively adored A Curse Dark As Gold, which was Bunce's debut, so I can't wait to get more from her.  Plus, it's fairy-tale-ish.  And you know I love fairy tales, right? Coming October 2010.

(Cover not yet released)
Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld 
After the delight that was Leviathan, I am eager to read about Alex and Deryn's adventures in steampunk WWI history.  Coming October 2010.

Matched
Matched by Allyson Condie 
First, awesome dystopian-ish premise (read about it on goodreads).   Second, local author!  Third, much praise and it's not even been released yet.  I'm super excited for it!  Coming November 2010.


Photobucket
Bright Young Things by Anna Godberson 
Dare I become addicted to another soap opera historical fiction? Probably. Coming November 2010. 

(Cover not yet released)
The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
After reading and enjoying The Dark Divine, I'm excited to find out what's in store for the Divine family.  Plus, Despain is a local author for me, and I gotta love them.  Coming December 2010.

I'm realizing that all of these books aren't due out until September at the earliest. Got any suggestions for what I should read while I wait?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

5 comments :

  1. Tamora Pierce's books :) When I read The Demon King I noticed there were a lot of similarities between the book and Pierce's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Hex Hall (for paranormalish), and The Line (for dystopian)? Both are new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I still haven't read a Tamora Pierce! I am going to get on that!

    Ms. Yingling, I'm interested in both of those. I'll have to see if my libraries have them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever read Patricia McKillip? I particularly recommend her Riddlemaster of Hed trilogy, which begins with the book of the same name. Some of her books (imho) really lose themselves in the poetic wriitng and beautiful imagery, to the detriment of story coherence, but Hed (again--imho!) is McKillip at her best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andie, I still have yet to get a McKillip in my hands :( I have so many books to add to my list, I have to be a bit more organized too. When I do, I will put this trilogy on there.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015