--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Towels and Ladies

Well, I think I'm about to throw in the towel, because I've heard that fat lady singing. I'm hoping I might last for an hour more, but I'm pretty near to falling asleep while reading.

As a final mini-challenge, I'm telling Kiki of Kiki's Bookcation that I'm a fan of The King's English. I think that is the closest indie bookstore to my home and though I've only been a few times, each experience was fabulous! They bring in my favorite authors and they sell books - what's not to love? I just wish I got to more of those events!

Here's the final update/wrap-up:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? 

about 11 pm - regular bedtime

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

I was actually really interested in Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison - even if it was very long - it's very fast paced.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

I think it's working wonderfully!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

Having everyone turn off their word verification and listing which mini-challenges were still up for which hours

5. How many books did you read?

Only finished 2 (but I read part of two others)

6. What were the names of the books you read?

The Timekeeper's Moon by Joni Sensel
Born to Fly by Michael Ferrari

7. Which book did you enjoy most? 

I really loved Fablehaven and The Timekeeper's Moon

8. Which did you enjoy least? 

I had a hard time reading Bel Canto - probably why I didn't finish it :)

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I'd love to participate again!  As a reader and maybe a part-time cheerleader!

Hours read: 14.2
Pages read: 853
Books read: 2 (2 partials)


I managed to finish Born to Fly, but am still about half-way done with Bel Canto and Fablehaven.  Probably won't finish either tonight.  It's been fabulous and thanks for all the support! 
 
If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

5 comments :

  1. You did an amazing job! Way to go! Sounds like you had a fabulous time and chatted up some great books. Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did great and really put in some time. Congrats!

    Courtney
    Stiletto Storytime

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015