--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Classic Double Challenge: April

Sorry I'm late posting this month!  Hopefully some of you are making better progress on this challenge than I am, since I've finished one complete book, one unintentionally abridged book, and written no reviews.  If you'd like to sign up for the Classic Double Challenge, you still can.  Check out all the information at the Classic Double Challenge sign-up post.

I did pick a winner for last month's challenge, so I've sent an email to:


I'll hopefully get your package mailed out in the not-too-distant future (though, with my move, I'll have to find my books first :)

I've got a new link for those of you who read and review books for the challenge this month!  Remeber you get extra entries into the monthly drawing when you add a link.



And for your thought question this month, tell me what your favorite thing about retellings/sequels is - seeing your favorite characters in a new light, setting, etc.

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

4 comments :

  1. Yay, Jenny! Congratulations! :)

    So, I'm not versed in retellings as far as books are concerned. The only book I've read that is a retelling is The Goose Girl and I wasn't familiar enough with the original to know how they compared. But, I've seen SO many Cinderella and Snow White movies that I can't even count. I think what I liked about them is that I'm familiar with the story, so I kind of know what to expect. But, I really love when they change it up a bit. My favorite Cinderella retelling is Ever After. Love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I love them because the story is familiar, but there are usually fun surprises too! I prefer them with surprises and changes.

      Delete
  2. Yippee! I'm so happy! I never win! Anywho, I finally decided what books I'll be reading for this challenge. When She Woke and The Scarlet Letter. I think that should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to read When She Woke too! I really liked Scarlet Letter, so I think it's about time for a reread of that as well. Oh, for unlimited time :)

      Delete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015