--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, September 12, 2011

BBAW Day 1: Community


Welcome to Book Blogger Appreciation Week!  I'm so excited it's finally here.  I've been helping out the wonderful people who have done most of the work and I feel fortunate to participate.  Be sure to check on the results of the voting and those lovely bloggers and books that won.  Today, we're talking about community and people who have made a difference in our blogging.  I'm not sure this will even cover it, but I thought I should tell you about bloggers I admire and bloggers who make me want to keep blogging.  Here are a few:

Emily of Emily's Reading Room - this girl makes me want to do more.  She kept me up-to-date on Utah author events (and makes me miss it more now) and she seems so tireless in her blogging.  Love to read updates from her.

Jenny at Alternate Readality - a new blogger and one of my favorites.  Her reviews will make you think long and hard about why you liked a book, especially when she can rip it up and down so neatly!  Not only does she write exceptionally honest reviews, she is my most regular commenter, nearly always leaving some comment on every post I do.  She certainly makes me think someone else out there is reading my stuff. :)

Small Review - this is the blog I wish I wrote.  Every review is thoughtful and has some really fun and smart points.  Her features are so interesting that I wish I'd come up with them.  I love the review comparisons and the discussion posts.  Such a unique and wonderful blog. 

Stacked - another blog I wish I had created.  Perhaps it is because Kimberly and Kelly are secretly the librarians I want to be.  They have thoughtful reviews and also fun librarian posts.  Always a pleasure to read.

Susan of Bloggin' 'bout Books - I'm starting to think that everything Susan recommends is something I should read.  We have similar tastes, though I think she is a better judge of a book's literary quality.  I love to read what she has to say, mostly because she is brutally honest as well.  A go-to for books I should read.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention again (and again and again): Suey of It's All About Books - all around nice person and really eclectic in taste.  She blogs about books, but lots of other fun stuff too like music and TV.  She's the one who made me want to be a more active part of the blogging community, particulary the Utah blogging community.  And she invited me to her book club (which I miss so much).  One of my favorite people who happens to be a blogger.

And there you have a handful of my favorite folks.  Who are some of your favorites?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

15 comments :

  1. YOU are one of my favorites. I miss seeing you at events. But I'm glad we can keep in touch in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you're so sweet. Thanks so much for your kind words. You totally made my day!

    Jenny and Suey are two of my favorite book bloggers as well. They're loyal readers, faithful commenters and just all around great girls. As are you, Melissa :) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Thanks for the sweet sweet words and boost to my blogging ego! :) Book is going to start this week and then it's really going to hit me that you are gone... dang! We will miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you used to be part of the Utah blogging group. Too bad I started after you left! You have such a fun blog. I love your "guess the book titles" posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Melissa, you're seriously making me tear up! You are beyond sweet. I am so happy you enjoy reading my blog. I'm sending the blog love right back to you because I love reading your reviews and scratching my brain over your inventive guess the title picture puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suey really is wonderful, isn't she? And I love your blog, Melissa. Always look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is one of my favorites, Melissa. Your reviews are so helpful, especially when it comes to quality and language/mrg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only are there new-to-me blogs here, but also some blogs with really, really cool names. I'll definitely check them out. My list of influential bloggers, if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just so you know, you officially made both Kimberly and myself awww together (which is a feat, may I say). Thanks for what YOU do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. another selection of blogs that slipped completely past my radar, so thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily, me too! Wish I were there for all the fun events!

    Susan, still hoping I'll actually meet you in person sometime! And thank you.

    Suey, I am planning to start up a book club soon, but it is so hard to live up to yours!

    kathy, darn! I missed you? I still have your blog to read though :-)

    small, I really do love what you do! Keep it up.

    Angie, that means a lot to me, thanks!

    Lauren, thank you - you made my day!

    Trisha, thanks for stopping by!

    Kelly, so glad I made you guys feel good - I love to read what you write!

    Parrish, thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suey is great isn't she? We'll miss you at book club. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. All these blogs are new to me-so many blogs so little time

    Hi, I am stopping by to visit your blog via the list of posts for Day one

    Please Stop by My Blog if you Like

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know some of these, but a couple others are new to me and sound wonderful! Thanks for pointing me in their direction. Happy BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny, oh I miss book club!

    mel, it's so true - too many to visit!

    Erin, glad to point you to new blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015