--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Actually NEED it 4

It's been a while since I posted about some of my wanna-reads. I've added some more to my list, both published and unpublished. 


Sapphique
Sapphique by Catherine Fisher.
Having just finished Incarceron (oh.my.word.) I really really need to get my grubby hands on this sequel. Really. Watch for my upcoming raving review of Incarceron. Not released in the US until December 2010.  *sigh*


Scumble
Scumble by Ingrid Law. 
If you haven't read Savvy yet, you have got to steal a copy now!  You are in for a lot of fun - a ride you won't forget with a cast of characters you'll wish you could meet.  Can't wait for more about the Beaumont family!  Coming August 2010.


Alchemy and Meggy SwannAlchemy and Meggy Swann by Karen Cushman
Here is where I tell you how much I adore Karen Cushman.  It's rather shocking it hasn't come up before now, but I read them before I started blogging.  Check out the awesome Medieval historical fiction that is Catherine, Called Birdy and The Midwife's Apprentice.  Coming April 26, 2010.

The Grimm Legacy The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman 
Having really loved Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman, I would always be interested in reading more by her.  It's got fairy tale goods going on!  Plus Abby (the) Librarian made me want it.  Coming July 2010.

Before I Fall


Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver 
I have seen so many positive reviews for this one!  People, you've got to stop raving already!  Or, my library should just get it.  Whichever.

The Agency 1: A Spy in the House

The Agency: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee 

Sing Me to SleepAgain with the reviews!  I wouldn't have picked this one up on my own - probably because of the cover.  However, after many positive reviews, I'm really hoping my library will get it in a hurry!


Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison

There had to have been about 30 contests for this one and I didn't win the book! *sigh* But, I DO want to read it badly. Seriously, let's just not mention any more great books for a while, ok? 



Having said that, anything you actually NEED to read?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

6 comments :

  1. I just got the new Cushman from Netgalley, and I cannot wait to read it. I wrote a term paper on her for my children's literature class last year, and it made me love her work even more now that I better understand her research process. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK you convinced me. I picked up Sing Me To Sleep and Before I Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put Incarceron on hold at the library. Unfortunately, they don't have Sing Me To Sleep or Before I Fall but somehow I'll get to those too. I also need to try Cushman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words. And I adore librarians!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nomadreader, I downloaded it from NetGalley too, but I haven't started it yet :(

    Sharon, I'm jealous that I can't pick them up so easily (well, if I had the money I could).

    Kim, I hope you love Incarceron as much as I did! And you definitely should try Cushman.

    Karen, thank you!! I happen to like librarians as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I need to read Mockingjay (about months ago). I am tired of waiting- I need it now!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015