--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First Favorites and Winners!

It's time to pick the three winners!  I really loved reading about all of your first favorites and the books that first affected you!  There are some really great stories.  I encourage you to read the comments and see for yourselves!  I also wanted to list the books/series mentioned:

Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
Matilda by Roald Dahl (2 people)
Perks of Being a Wallflower by Steve Chbosky
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (3 people)
Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingells Wilder
The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander
Nancy Drew books by Carolyn Keene (2 people)
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
Boxcar Children books by Gertrude Chandler Warner
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Henry and the Clubhouse by Beverly Cleary
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Amelia Bedelia books by Peggy Parish
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
John Saul's books
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
El valle de los lobos by Laura Gallego Garcia

Dick and Jane books

I love this list!  So many of my favorite early reads and some I've never heard of!  But, I know you all are just too anxious to hear who won, so without further ado:

1st Winner: WMSgifted (didn't hear from WMSgifted, so a new 3rd winner was chosen)
2nd 1st Winner: Mia J. 
3rd 2nd Winner: Julie
New 3rd Winner: Amused



Please contact me, WMSgifted, with your mailing address and choice of book from the list (my email can be found on my profile).  Mia J. and Julie, you can contact me as well and I will let you know which books are left.  

Thanks everyone for reading!

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

4 comments :

  1. Well sheesh. Somehow I totally missed this one! :) Congrats to the winnders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suey, hopefully I do another one soon. Still got lots of books to give away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! (Your email came thru - so let me know whenever you're ready for me to do whatever it is I need to do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015