--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Book Review: Envy: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godberson

Envy: a Luxe Novelcontinues the story of upper class New York society. The newly married Schoonmakers travel with friends (and enemies) to Florida to escape the cold. The Holland sisters are among them, Elizabeth just returned to society after her harrowing-but-hidden experiences, and Diana getting over her broken heart. Intrigues and jealousies and drama abound in this continuation of the Luxe series.



I was not as interested in the story of this one as the others (reviewed here and here) - it seemed a little to perfectly contrived. I continue to wonder if all elite upper class of turn of the century New York was as depraved and debauched as Godberson portrays them. I got a bit tired of all the descriptions of clothing and rooms as well as the continued lack of morality of most of the characters. I've discovered this kind of book is not usually a favorite with me. However, I will probably read the next book (which I was happy to learn is the last) because I want to know how the story ends.

RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: XX

Though not graphic or descriptive, there is a lot.

v-factor: none

Overall rating: **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015