--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Book Review: Holes by Louis Sachar

Holesis the story of Stanley Yelnats and his unfortunate streak of bad luck. Sent to Camp Green Lake, after he was incorrectly charged with stealing a pair of shoes, Stanley makes friends with a motley group of other delinquents. Stanley's story is tied up in a few other plots, including that of his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather.


I don't know why it took me so long to get around to this glorious book, but I finally read it. I adore the movie, so the plot wasn't terribly surprising, but I was pleased at how well the movie followed the book. No wonder I liked the movie! The humor shone through and I simply loved the weaving of the separate stories together. It is no great wonder this book won a Newbery.

RATINGS:
s-factor: !

(I don't remember any, but maybe one or two)

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: ->

Just a little bit mentioned, not described.

Overall rating: *****

1 comment :

  1. I agree! It's always such a pleasure to read a book after seeing a movie, and finding the movie so closely done to the book. I enjoyed the twists and turns of the book, but I cried at how Kate Barlow's story turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015