--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Book Review: The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd

The London Eye Mysterytells the story of how Ted and Kat's cousin, Salim, manages to disappear on the London Eye (a sort of ferris wheel) without a trace. Ted and Kat, who never have gotten along, put aside their differences to see if they can find out what happened to him, before it might be too late.



I really loved this book! I am not usually a mystery book reader, but this was great! I didn't quite figure out the whole mystery before it happened, though I was suspicious of why certain details were mentioned. Ted is my absolute favorite character. His mind, which is mentioned many times as not running on the same "operating system" is absolutely delightful to be in! His obsession with weather - I just really loved all of it. The story almost seemed a little secondary to my enjoyment of Ted. It was a pretty good mystery too :)

RATINGS:
s-factor: !

Some language.

mrg-factor: none
(Ted's view of kissing, however, is hilarious!)

v-factor: ->
A few somewhat frightening parts.

Overall rating: ****

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015