--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Book Review: Firefight by Brandon Sanderson

Firefight by Brandon Sanderson
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication date: January 2015
Pages: 432
Source: Purchased
For: Fun (and I need to know what happens!)
Series: The Reckoners, Book 2

Summary (from goodreads): *Spoilers are inevitable for the first book*
They told David it was impossible--that even the Reckoners had never killed a High Epic. Yet, Steelheart--invincible, immortal, unconquerable--is dead. And he died by David's hand.

Eliminating Steelheart was supposed to make life more simple. Instead, it only made David realize he has questions. Big ones. And there's no one in Newcago who can give him the answers he needs.

Babylon Restored, the old borough of Manhattan, has possibilities, though. Ruled by the mysterious High Epic, Regalia, David is sure Babylon Restored will lead him to what he needs to find. And while entering another city oppressed by a High Epic despot is a gamble, David's willing to risk it. Because killing Steelheart left a hole in David's heart. A hole where his thirst for vengeance once lived. Somehow, he filled that hole with another Epic--Firefight. And he's willing to go on a quest darker, and more dangerous even, than the fight against Steelheart to find her, and to get his answers.
Things I Liked:
I adore this series! I went through the book so fast I can't believe it's over. I need to read it again just to have more time in the world. Seeing new places in the world beyond Newcago was fun too. I still like David; also, Megan!!!!!  There's action and adventure and suspense and some seriously strong world-building.  But I can't handle the cliffhanger endings - give me more!

Things I Didn't Like:
Honestly, I just enjoy them so much I don't have any complaints.

Read-alikes:
Start with Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
Reminded me a bit of Dangerous by Shannon Hale

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: !@
a few here and there

mrg-factor: none
that I recall...

v-factor: ->->->
there's quite a bit of action violence

Overall rating: *****

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

4 comments :

  1. I'm afraid Brandon and I Still don't see eye to eye. I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much though. Sorry about the cliff hanger evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Brandon Sanderson, but STEELHEART just didn't do much for me. Not sure if I'll continue with the series, but I'm glad you're enjoying it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I'm open to hearing what your favorites of his are!

      Delete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015