--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Falling Behind



It seems that the books I check out of the library all start piling up until I realize I have four books due back in four days and I haven't started any of them. And let's not even get started on the (fairly small) review book pile. I am becoming a very slow review book reader, probably because the deadlines (ie due dates) for my library books seem to push every other less-scheduled book out of the line. I have been trying to not check out books that aren't on hold for me, but here I am with four books to read by Saturday. We'll see how it goes.

Here is my stack of holds for the last two weeks:

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Daysby Jeff Kinney (hooray!)
Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Haveby Allen Zadoff
Splendor: A Luxe Novelby Anna Godberson
Eyes Like Stars: Theatre Illuminata, Act Iby Lisa Mantchev
The Miles Betweenby Mary Pearson

And these beauties came in the mail:
The Swiss Courierby Tricia Goyer (a goodreads first read win)
Skeleton Creekby Patrick Carman (won in a contest from The O.W.L. blog)

How do you balance your library reads with your review books with your won books with your purchased books with, etc?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

3 comments :

  1. I know exactly what you mean by the reivew dates and due dates. I struggle to balance my review books with books I have bought with library books all the time!

    Hope you enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rotate evenly between books I own, books from the library and review books. I have been backed up with library and review books recently though so the next two weeks will be devoted to those two groups entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marg, seriously I have to figure out some system!

    reviewsbylola, I haven't done even rotating at all and it is showing! All I've read in the last several weeks were library books.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015