--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Outside My Usual Fare

I'm doing another Top Ten Tuesday list hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Instead of books outside my comfort zone (which, I'm not entirely sure what that would be) I'm listing ten books I read outside my usual fare (to find out what that may or may not be, check out this post):

Liked it.

Would't say I liked it, but it's important and well-written.

It was ok.

Didn't like it (except for the writing).

Didn't like it. Much.

An emotional ride. Liked it? I guess thought it was good.

Liked it.  Kinda.

Not so much.

Loved it!

It was ok.

What about you? Do you generally enjoy books outside your usual?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

4 comments :

  1. Ha! I like the way you did your list. I only have one Ann Patchett book on my TBR shelf and that's State of Wonder. Not sure what to expect, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have an abundance of katherine's in my car, i've read other john green books & liked them--particularly will grayson, will grayson
    and i liked deadline by chris crutcher, very good book. great list! ~dixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I enjoy fantasy fiction a lot, but would give anything a go. Most of the time I end up enjoying a few books that aren't from my preferred genre. I had to check out Arcadia Falls from your list... I have a weakness for pretty covers. Glad it sounds interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish, yeah I'm not sure about Ann Patchett, though lots of people think she's super fantastic.

    dixie, Abundance is still my only John Green book, but I'm interested in picking up others.

    toni, I usually enjoy books outside my fantasy preferences as well, but most are from within it. Pretty covers tend to suck me in too :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015