--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Bookish Halloween

I was planning to post about my bookish Halloween, but kept putting it off.  But, at least it's not even a week late yet. Anywho, here is evidence of just how deep this weird bookish obsession goes (as if becoming a librarian was not proof enough).
The costume:

(My head's cut off mostly because my facial expression was so horrifying I just couldn't publicize it.)  Don't I just blend right in with the background?  People who knew me at the one party I attended thought it was funny.  Others just thought it was really boring.

The pumpkin:

It's not that great, but I gotta encourage reading, no matter what. Unfortunately we had zero trick-or-treaters (!) so no one enjoyed it but me and my hubby. And pardon the bad photos, I'm not that good with the camera.

What is your ideal bookish costume? Did you dress up?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

10 comments :

  1. I love this costume! And I love so many of the books you put in your library. WIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your costume! What's with kids not trick-or-treating?! I only got three in happy valley UT. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backwards, thank you! I tried to put some old and new favorites on there.

    Becky, thanks!

    Jenny, I know! I'm thinking it's apartment complexes or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the costume and the pumpkin. Yay for reading!

    We got quite a few trick-or-treaters and, even though it's not as popular a costume as in years past, I still saw some Harry Potters out there, which made me very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, thanks. I love still seeing the Harry Potters - there were at least two at our church party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the costume :) Next year you should do a post on how to make it.
    We only had 5 trick-or-treaters, but last year we had none!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacy, that how-to post is a great idea (though it would probably be really short :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015