--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, October 23, 2010

What Comes in Threes?

A Bit of Me(Me) is hosted by Danielle of There's a Book.

Lots of things come in threes - I've heard it said of both good and bad.  But, this time, you get information about me in threes.  Today's A Bit of Me(Me) topic is to list three adjectives that describe me.  I was trying to be optimistic, but I kind of went for more honest. I am:

quiet
This one is obvious to many who have met me.  I was going to say shy, but I think in general, I am also a quiet person, even around those I know.  I don't like to speak up unless asked and I find that keeping my opinion to myself sometimes saves me a lot of grief later.  It also means I don't usually say too much about myself that can be embarrassing or spill others' secrets.

hardworking
A trait I definitely inherited from my parents.  Both are dedicated to working hard and accomplishing all that needs to be done.  I tend to want to get things that are necessary done first and completely before moving to something fun or relaxing.  Work, for me, is not always drudgery, but brings satisfaction and peace of mind.  I'm really hoping I can pass this one along to my kids.

non-confrontational
This has served me in both good and bad ways.  I definitely like to avoid arguments and fights with other people (though, perhaps my husband might say otherwise :).  Tension and anger always make me uncomfortable (at least when they come from other people) and I like to defuse situations as best I can.  But, this also means that I get walked all over.  I've been too embarrassed or afraid to speak up, particularly with overbearing friends or employers before.  Definitely, a two-edged sword.
 
What are your three?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

9 comments :

  1. Hard working is a wonderful trait to have, I think most people in the work force believe in entitlement. I think shy and quiet can be 2 different traits, I tend to let others talk while I am quietly listening. Sounds to me you have great traits.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices. I'm trying to ponder my three words right now! This is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would be an asset to many teams, since quiet and hardworking are traits that tone down the drama and one-upmanship that characterize some workplaces.

    Thanks for sharing....

    To read mine, click on my name....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you on the non-confrontational thing. It is a gift and a curse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such good choices! I wish I could learn to be more quiet, unfortunately for me once you've gotten to know me and I'm out of my shell you've gotta watch out. It's not always a great thing, because I feel like I'm often putting my foot in my mouth, it's terrible. So yeah, I could use a little more quiet time probably. :o)

    Also, wish there were more hard workers out there. This is definitely a great thing to be good at.

    Great choices this week, it was tough for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CMash, they probably are two different things, though I'm definitely both.

    Suey, I'll have to check yours out!

    Laurel-Rain, I hope I'd be an asset. Though, I might not have much input.

    Gwen, it sure is!

    1stdaughter, I think part of the quiet is from saying stupid things when I DO open my mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were to do this meme, I could probably just copy and paste yours! I felt like I was reading about myself, although I don't feel like I am as much of a hard worker as I used to be. Age seems to be slowing me down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a more 'noisy' person, it took me a while to learn that silence doesn't necessarily mean assent (or admiration!) Now I try to make sure that I run meetings in a way that enables the quieter people to have their say, or create other avenues for input. It doesn't always work out, but I think I'm slowly getting better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelley, we must be kindred spirits. Unless you've never read Anne of Green Gables :)

    Andie, it's awesome that you make the effort to do that! Some people I've worked with seem to run all over me (then again, I let them, so it's my fault too).

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015