--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Actually NEED It 6: Fairy Tale Style


It's been a while since I've done one of my NEED it lists.  And, since I'm celebrating fairy tales this week, I thought I'd share a few upcoming fairy tale(ish) books I'm interested in.

Cloaked in Red
Cloaked in Red by Vivian Vande Velde
This one looks so delightful!  It's a collection of retellings of Little Red Riding Hood and I'm super thrilled just thinking of all that fairy tale delights I will experience in October 2010.



Entwined by Heather Dixon
Hello, retellings of Twelve Dancing Princesses?  Yes, I love them.  And the cover for this is absolutely fabulous.  Too bad I have to wait until April 2011 before I can get my hands on this one! 


Just as a side note, I thought I'd send you for a little blast to the past with my Why We Love Fairy Tales post from last year's Once Upon a Week celebration.

What fairy tales are you waiting on?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

2 comments :

  1. Ooooh, I hadn't heard of Entwined. Cool.

    I need to have a Jessica Day George marathon and a Mette Ivie Harrison marathon... :)

    I'm also waiting on the last chapter of the Sisters Grimm books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt, I got very excited when I saw the lovely cover and heard it was a fairy tale! You should definitely catch up on both George and Harrison (ha - I love using those last names). Ive been meaning to pick up Sisters Grimm books, but just haven't gotten to them yet.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015