--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, January 25, 2010

Listless Monday, Bring Your Hot Chocolate Edition

Listless Monday was inspired by both Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity's feature Books by Theme and Court at Once Upon a Bookshelf's Listed feature.  Be sure to check out their lists!


Today's list is inspired by the cold, wet weather we've been having here and around the country. Curl up with one of these and a cup of hot chocolate.

Cold/Winter books (aka Read With Hot Chocolate):

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Shipwreck at the Bottom of the World by Jennifer Armstrong
Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
The White Darkness by Geraldine Mccaughrean
View from the Summit: The Remarkable Memoir by the First Person to Conquer Everest by Sir Edmund Hillary

Peak by Roland Smith
Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
If You Come Softly by Jacqueline Woodson

Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
East by Edith Pattou
The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Snowed Inn by Rachel Hawthorne
Let it Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson

Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman
The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper
Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin 
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Doomsday Book by Connie Willis

Be sure to check out Court's In the Bleak Midwinter list for more books on this theme.


Any other books you want to add?
If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

10 comments :

  1. I've honestly never really thought about it. I don't think I read by season or weather, just my own mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't either, but I thought it would make a fun list. And if I worked in a public library, I'd love to make a display with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes a great list. And it would be a totally AWESOME display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this week's theme. I didn't do a books by theme posting today (first time I ever missed a Monday), but I'm pretty busy with student teaching...I really want to read Ice! Great list here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list idea! It's been so wet and rainy here it just makes you want to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I've been thinking that I need to find some snow themed books to cuddle up with lately -- thanks for giving me some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, great idea! I live in Canada, and a lot of the year is cold and snowy - I should know a lot more snowy books than I do! I would suggest Peak, by Roland Smith (another Mount Everest book). I love the listless Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys! Hopefully I can keep coming up with interesting list ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely have rainy-day-on the-sofa-books. For deep midwinter I would add:

    Mark Helprin's "Winter's Tale"
    Connie Willis' "The Doomsday Book"
    Leo Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andie, thanks for the suggestions. For where I live, I guess these are snowy-day-on-the-sofa reads :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015