--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back in the Library Again


After several weeks of not much from the library, I've taken it upon myself to keep them in business (or I guess just busy).  Actually, I really lucked out at being one of the last minute Round 2 judges for the Cybils.  Which thrills me to no end, because I really wanted to be a judge, but didn't get chosen.  Then, surprise!  It's pretty awesome.  Anyway, I'm helping out with the MG Sci-fi/Fantasy titles.  You can see the short list at the Cybils blog.  (Incidentally, I've only read one of these books, Silksinger, so I'm pretty thrilled to have lots of new reading.)  All this adds up to: more books from the library!

Charles and Emma: The Darwins' Leap of Faith by Deborah Heiligman
Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass
The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett
The Prince of Fenway Park by Julianna Baggott*
The Serial Garden: The Complete Armitage Family Stories by Joan Aiken*
Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin*
Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman*
Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr

*Cybils book

And I got one book from a contest (thank you Susan from Bloggin' 'bout Books):
Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Anything wonderful from the library for you?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

5 comments :

  1. How exiting for you! It will be fun to hear what you think of these books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being a judge! Fun stuff!

    I've still got the same big library pile I had weeks ago... because I still haven't read them!

    Better read some... half of them have already been renewed 3 times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't been to the library much in the last few weeks because we all got so many new books for Christmas. :-) Have fun with the judging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just got Odd and the Frost Giants, too. :-) And I hope you like Every Soul a Star. It was one of my favorite reads of 2008...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, I won't be posting reviews of the books until after Feb 14, but I'm super excited all the same!

    Britt, it's probably a good thing my library only has one renewal. I would never get the books read on time!

    Gayle, I probably shouldn't be going with all the books I own lying around...but I keep going anyway!

    Melissa, I've heard only good things about Every Soul - looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015