--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My Favorites from 2015

I've got somewhere in the vicinity of 30 reviews from 2015 still pending.  To say I'm behind would be an understatement (a repetitive one). But, since I adore reading everyone else's faves of the year, I figured I'd better share mine too. These are not necessarily published in 2015, just what I happened to pick up and love.

Best sequel:
Firefight by Brandon Sanderson

Best keep-you-guessing-to-the-end read:
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

Best classic retelling:
Longbourn by Jo Baker

Best laugh-your-pants-off read:
Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman

Best love-being-a-girl read:
The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale

Best fairy tale retelling:
Rump by Leisl Shurtliff

Best entertaining nonfiction:
Packing for Mars by Mary Roach

Best nonfiction to inspire you to be better:
I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

Best can't-put-it-down-must-read-faster book:
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (review to come)

Best as-good-as-the-first-time reread:
 The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (my original review)

Best why-did-I-wait-so-long-to-pick-this-up read:
 The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinley (review to come)

Best end of the series:
Winter by Marissa Meyer (review to come)

Best new fantasy series:
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson (review to come)

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

12 comments :

  1. Several of these are on my shelves just waiting for me! I need to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love that feeling? It's like an extra push from a friend :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for The Winner's Curse and The Night Circus! I love both of those books! I'm glad you liked them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are wonderful books - I think I could reread Night Circus every few years and be just as surprised and delighted!

      Delete
  3. Outlaws! Yay! And we really love Fortunately, the Milk around our house as well.

    I'm really glad to hear you loved Winter, Melissa. I have yet to pick it up, but I hold out hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you for the Outlaws rec (whenever that was :). I do hope you enjoy Winter sometime!

      Delete
  4. Such good books! I got Firefight for Christmas and can't wait to jump in. OUTLAWS OF SHERWOOD! Gah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are going to love Firefight. I really need the next book. And yeah for me finally getting some more Robin Hood!

      Delete
  5. I totally agree about fortunately the milk! And now I want to read longbourne even more now! I love reading lists like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to Longbourne sometime - I enjoyed it despite its flaws!

      Delete
  6. I loved UNFORTUNATELY, THE MILK and THE NIGHT CIRCUS. I just started WALK ON EARTH A STRANGER and am enjoying it. Lots of great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, hope you like Walk on Earth a Stranger - it took a while for me to feel fully invested, but I fell in love.

      Delete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015