--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, September 17, 2012

R.I.P. VII

I've been watching this challenge pop up every fall for the last four years I've been blogging.  And I finally decided to join in for my very first R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril event (hosted by Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings)!  I'm hoping this will inspire me to read those two or three spooky books that are always so hard for me to pick up (ie: I'm a wuss).

So, I'm trying for Peril the Second, which means I try to read two books that fit in these categories:

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.

These are my two, with a possible third for good measure.

Feedback by Robison Wells - finished!
Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel
The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls by Claire Legrand

Are you participating?  What are you reading that's a bit creepy?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

8 comments :

  1. The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls may be added to my RIP list...looks creepy and fun.

    Not sure what I will be reading next (have a few on hold from the library)

    Happy seasonal reading!

    ~L (omphaloskepsis)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually a seasonal reader, but I'm excited to try now!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I have to check this out! I am reading The Diviners by Libba Bray and it is creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I have that one too. Maybe I'll be able to sneak it in as well :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! Your scary books don't have to be THAT scary you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't, really. Which is probably why I chose them :)

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I'm so stressed with all these challenges and yet I want to join! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be stressed! Just read what you want and if it fits into a challenge, great. If not, no worries. Don't you dare stress over my classic double challenge :)

      Delete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015