--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, March 19, 2012

I Actually Need It 13

I Actually NEED It is an extremely irregular feature where I express my desire, or rather need, for certain books that haven't come out or aren't available at my library yet.  To learn about the reason behind the name, check out my inaugural I Actually NEED It post.

I can't believe I'm already posting about fall books!  Still, here is a selection of books I currently actually NEED to have:


The Wild Queen: The Days and Nights of Mary, Queen of Scots by Carolyn Meyer
What this has going for it: it's about Mary, Queen of Scots and it's by a favorite historical fiction author!  Looking forward to June 2012.

 
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
I've been dying to get my hands on this since I heard that it was a Persuasion retelling - my favorite Jane Austen story.  It doesn't hurt that the cover has a gorgeous starry sky and that it's dystopian/futuristic either.  Sounds like the perfect book for me!  Can't wait for June 2012.


This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Not only is the cover unnervingly creepy, the premise sounds equally disturbing - someone who doesn't want to survive the apocalypse?  Plus, I can't stay away from those end of the world books.  Coming June 2012.


Endlessly by Kiersten White
Ok, admittedly, I haven't yet read Supernaturally.  I know, shoot me now.  But since I really loved the paranormal with a bit of tongue-in-cheek from Paranormalcy, I think it's safe to say, this will be on my reading list come July 2012.


Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
I can't stay away from the smart, complex dystopian fare being churned out.  Plus, this sounds a bit like Ender's Game, so I think I'll plan to read it as soon as possible.  Coming July 2012.


The Kill Order by James Dashner
I enjoyed the Maze Runner series, though the ending wasn't my favorite.  Still, I'll be interested to see what this prequel will tell us about Thomas' past.  All will be revealed coming August 2012.


The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
A sequel for one of my favorite fantasy books of last year, The Girl of Fire and Thorns?  Please, give me more Elisa and her world.  Can't wait for September 2012!



Unspoken: The Lynburn Legacy by Sarah Rees Brennan
I need look no further than the author for a reason to pick this new series up.  But, since the premise involves being in love with an imaginary friend?  I say, bring on September 2012!


Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst
Aside from the gorgeous cover, which you know I admire, the fantasy setting for this book sounds like something I will adore.  I mean, flying glass serpents?  Yes, please.  Coming September 2012.

What books are you actually NEEDing?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

4 comments :

  1. Argh! Reading this 'NEED' post always makes me feel like I NEED all these books too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah haha! That's why I do them - to increase your TBR pile :)

      Delete
  2. When I saw The Kill Order I literally just shouted "Whaaaaat?!" I am a HUGE fan of that series, and had no idea that a prequel was in the works. Oooh boy, I can't wait to find out the whole truth about Thomas and Theresa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was just announced a few months ago, so you aren't too behind. But now we will finally get some answers!

      Delete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015