Had fun creating a classic-paranomral mash-up for Stiletto's Storytime' Classic/Paranormal Tome mini-challenge. (The Secret Gorgon - oh it's late :)
I just did Vamps R Us' Main Character Theme Song mini-challenge and At Random's Book Habits mini-challenge.
1. What are you reading right now?
Making Toast and The Exiled Queen as well as listening to some Inkheart
2. How many books have you read so far?
Just one (Bless This Mouse)
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Actually having some time to read!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
I probably should have :)
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yes! I just finish them up and not worry about it :)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How fast the time goes.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I think it runs really well, actually.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Maybe try not to have a bunch of stuff to do. But, some things you can't help.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I'm pretty sure I've got nothing new. Eat yummy snacks, though.
I attempted Brown Girl Book Speak's In Other Words mini-challenge - hard stuff!
Just finished (hopefully correctly) The Unread Reader's My Book Boyfriend Matchmaker mini-challenge.
I just left a (super long) comment for A Literary Odyssey's Oldies But Goodies mini-challenge!
I also just put myself on the map for I Heart Monster's Where in the World are You mini-challenge.
To start off, I'm doing the Introduction meme:
Where are you reading from today?
In the cold of spring in Utah.
3 facts about me
-I'm rediscovering that moving is a pain! (I have a LOT of boxes of books.)
-Spring in Utah drives me crazy - 60s one day and then snow and sleet the next!
-Every pair of jeans I own has a hole in the knee. Apparently I do a lot of kneeling :)
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I'm going to say about five:
In progress already: The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima
Bless This Mouse by Lois Lowry
A Train to Potevka by Mike Ramsdell
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke (audio)
And maybe something else from my review pile :)
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon?
It's a pretty busy day today, so I'm aiming for about 7-10 hours of reading time. Hopefully I'll get two books read/finished.
If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
If you aren't liking what you're reading, give yourself permission to skip to something else! It won't be fun if you are forcing yourself to read something you're not enjoying.
Are you a mini-challenge kind of read-a-thon-er?
If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage