--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenge: Book Puzzle

Welcome reader-a-thon-ers!  I'm super excited to be hosting this mini-challenge again.  Hopefully this will be a fun break from your reading that will let you exercise other parts of your brain!  

For this challenge, you will be creating a Book Puzzle.  Essentially, this is a series of pictures, graphics, or photos that you put together that will describe a book title.  I have been doing a biweekly game called Name That Book where I create book puzzles and let people guess the titles.  Here's an example from that first one:



This series of pictures illustrates the title Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. 

Now it's your turn to create your own Book Puzzle (or you can create more than one - they are quite fun).  Once you've posted your puzzle on your blog, come back and leave me the direct link to your puzzle in the Mr. Linky below.  And be sure to visit others' puzzles - it's lots of fun to guess!  I'll be picking a winner (randomly of course, I'm not good at judging awesomeness) who will receive be able to choose two books from the list below.  This is open only to US addresses.  Now go forth and create! [Mini-challenge is closed and winner was chosen - Sheila at Book Journey]

Bitter Melon by Cara Chow (HC)
No Passengers Beyond This Point by Gennifer Choldenko (ARC)
Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (HC)
The Real Real by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus (PB)
The Private Papers of Eastern Jewel by Maureen Lindley (PB)
Manifest by Artist Arthur (ARC)
Bitter Frost by Kailin Gow (PB)
Snap by Carol Snow (HC)
I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan (ARC)
The Trouble With Half a Moon by Danette Vigilante (ARC)
What Happened on Fox Street by Tricia Springstuff (ARC)
Fallout by Ellen Hopkins (ARC)
Father of Lies by Ann Turner (HC)
The Genius Files by Dan Gutman (HC) 

Stupid Cupid by Rhonda Stapleton (PB)
Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler (PB)
Perfect Shot by Debbie Rigaud (PB)
My Double Life by Janette Rallison (ARC)
Emma and the Vampires by Wayne Josephson (ARC)
Shadow Land by Chitra Lekha Banerjee Divakaruni (HC)
Jekel Loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey (ARC)
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (HC)

[For more examples or some inspiration, take a look at last read-a-thon's Book Puzzle participants, check out other episodes of Name That Book, or check out Name That Book episodes from Stephanie Reads.]




If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

24 comments :

  1. This is a book I put aside until after the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted mine, very cool idea!!!

    Hope your readathon is going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted mine. A very interesting idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::: laughs :::

    I liked this one -- anything that gives me an excuse for playing on Google is a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope mine didn't show up twice. I dont think it took the first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! This would be a fun game for a library contest. Do you mind if I steal it? And thank you for hosting the mini-challenge. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa - so much fun! I am going to have to start visiting your bi-weekly game! I could have kept going and going, but stopped at 3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just noticed it's for US addresses, but I added mine, too! This was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a fun little break! I think I will try to participate in this game more often.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this challenge! Mine is posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a lot of fun with this challenge last read-a-thon, so I'm happy to see you're doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for doing this challenge... got my brain started (which I really needed)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this challenge! It was fun trying to guess other people's puzzles, even though I'm not very good at it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Made mine. I hope someone manaages to guess it, even if that isn't the point.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun challenge! I put my book aside just so I could come up with something. :D Thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neato challenge. I have never done one of these before! Kinda like spine poems.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My puzzles are done!
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-lZ

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was a fun little game. Thanks!

    Now I want to do them for all of my books.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone! I hoped you all had fun doing it :)

    And Tichwi, feel free to use the idea! If you blog, it would be nice to have a link back to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to say I was impressed with myself for completing this so quickly. Melissa this was an awesome challenge! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015