--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Utahnian Book Bloggers Unite

I have the very great privilege of blogging in a state with so many other book bloggers. I had the chance to meet several of them at a get together last Saturday.

You can see a list of bloggers and authors who came at Suey's It's All About Books and Britt's Confessions of a Book Habitue (call me lazy, cause I am).

I have to admit that I am a quiet person, so I didn't do much talking. But, I enjoyed listening to the interesting conversations and stories of others.

One thing I learned was that my blog name is much too long and complex. I am not clever enough to come up with anything witty or catchy. The best I could do was shorten it to "1lbr." I admit it's much easier to type (and remember) "1lbr" than "One Librarian's Book Reviews."

And just to say I met someone famous, here I am with the very kind Natasha from Maw Books Blog, who planned the whole thing (and provided the photo). Thank you!


8 comments :

  1. At least people can say the name of your blog.

    I think Habitue caused way more problems than 1 librarian!

    It just means we both have to actually make bookmarks with our info on them now, right?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had tried to pronounce your blog name before (using the pronunciation guide on your header), but it didn't sound quite the same as when you said it! I suppose I better get making bookmarks, but then I'd probably worry about who on earth I should give them to? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't think who I would ever give them to either... until Saturday when it dawned on me that they would have been helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have been there. It sounded fun. Maybe I will get to meet everyone at the next get together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa I decided that you may even be a touch quieter than I am! :) AND, if we all made bookmarks with our stuff on them, then none of us would feel silly passing them out, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Britt, good point. Next time I am heading to one, I will at least think about it :)

    Amy, hopefully I'll get to meet you next time!

    Suey, yes I probably am! :) I would feel better if other bloggers were passing them around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll have to chat next time. I was so preoccupied through the first half with just getting the keys out of my locked car, that I didn't really get around. :) It is exciting that we have so many Utah book bloggers, and now I can't wait to get together again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mjmbecky, hope you finally got your keys :) That doesn't make for much fun talking. I'm pretty excited for another meeting to see if I can actually talk to more people!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015