--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 23, 2009

Book Review: The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

The Warrior Heiris the story of Jack Swift, a seemingly ordinary teenager, except for his heart surgery at birth. When he turns 16, however, and accidentally misses taking his heart medicine, he discovers he has a strange new power. He learns that he is not an ordinary teenager, but a warrior heir, one of the weirlind, a person with special powers derived from a stone in his chest. As he tries to comprehend this, his Aunt Linda pulls him and his friends into a dangerous search for a powerful weapon. But, that is only the beginning of the danger.



I thought this was a very well done adventure fantasy, complete with interesting characters and a compelling story. I found I couldn't put it down and had to finish it in one sitting. I did guess some of the twists along the way, but not the most obvious one (can't believe I missed it!) The ending seemed to tie up a little too nicely, but was still satisfactory. I was excited to learn it is part of a trilogy, because I am interested in knowing more about this fantasy world.

RATINGS:
s-factor: !@

Not a lot, but they were there.

mrg-factor: X
Not much of anything, except kissing.

v-factor: ->->
He is a warrior and thus, some fighting.

Overall rating: ****

3 comments :

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I thought they got better and better. I'm excited to see what you think about the rest of the series. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this is one of my favorite books I read last year while I was on bed rest with baby #2. Glad to hear you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm even more excited to read the sequels!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015