--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Book Review: The Lost Heiress by Catherine Fisher

Posted as part of Tween Tuesday, hosted by GreenBeanTeenQueen.
Yeah, I'm continuing to cite this series as a great tween read, even if it's marketed as teen.

The Lost Heiress by Catherine Fisher
Publisher: Dial
Publication date: June 2011
ISBN: 9780803736740
Source: Library


Rumors abound in Tasceron that the heiress to the throne may still be alive somewhere.  Galen and Raffi, along with some old friends, must seek her out, before she is taken by the watch. 

Things I Liked:
I was intrigued once again with the unique setting Fisher has created here.  The world keeps getting more depth and background story with each addition to the series.  I love the strange creatures that are introduced, as well as the deceptions and mysterious motivations that so many characters have.  Raffi is such a contrast to all of those deceptive characters, by his simplicity and trust - I think he's the character that makes the series feel tween-y to me.  An interesting and odd cast of characters and world that continues to surprise me.


Things I Didn't Like:
I guess I can't help comparing this to my favorite Fisher books, Incarceron and Sapphique.  In comparison, this series is very simple, lacking the complexity and depth that those books hold.  I suppose this contributes to the fact that I think this one will appeal to younger teens and tweens, which is a good thing.  I'm interested enough to keep reading, but still think it can't compare with her other stuff I've read.


Read-alikes:
The above-mentioned Catherine Fisher books
Obviously, start with the first book The Dark City by Catherine Fisher

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: !
maybe a few, but I can't really remember

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: ->->
some action


Overall rating: ***


I haven't seen many reviews of this series - anybody else out there reading it?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015