--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Book Review: Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Artemis Fowlis a thief. At least, for now. Once he manages to make his fortune, which he is about to accomplish with the kidnapping and ransom of a LEPrecon officer, he will give up the criminal lifestyle. But, despite his genius abilities, he and his butler Butler, take on more than they can bargain for when they kidnap Captain Holly Short.


Things I Liked:
I listened to this one on audio and the narrator did an excellent job! His voices and animation really made the experience so much better! This is a very clever story with an interesting mix of fantasy and reality. The characters are quirky and so much fun, particularly Short, Root, and Mulch. Jam-packed with adventure and action, boys and girls of all ages will love this story.

Things I Didn't Like:
I found it extremely unbelievable that Fowl was a twelve-year-old, but I suppose that was part of his character. I would like to have read about some of the technology instead of listening, since I had a hard time visualizing some of it.

Read-alikes:
Reminded me a bit of Larklight by Philip Reeve
Definitely a fun romp for Harry Potter fans

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: !@
quite a few

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: ->
trolls are bad news

Overall rating: ****

Are you better at visualizing things when you read it or listen to it?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015