--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 16, 2009

Book Review: Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George

Sun and Moon, Ice and Snowis a beautiful retelling of the myth East of the Sun, West of the Moon. The Lass lives a quiet life with her family until a mysterious polar bear comes for her, promising wealth to her family if she comes to live in his castle. She goes with him and thus becomes a part of an ancient curse that she must try to break. When she makes a mistake, she must find a way to an impossible place to fulfill an impossible task.



This book was full of beautiful language and descriptions. I really loved the story, which I was not familiar with before. I also love the not-quite-perfect way the fairy tale goes. This story reminds me very much of 'Til We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis which is a retelling of the Psyche and Eros myth. I found I loved it so much, I had to buy it.

RATINGS:
s-factor: none.

mrg-factor: none.

v-factor: none.

Overall rating: ****

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015